H&W Drug Store was started in the lower 9th ward in 1963 by Sterling J. Henry, RPh. and Wesley J. Watkins, RPh. at 5525 N. Galvez. In 1991, H&W moved across the street to 2034 Caffin Avenue.
Mr. Watkins passed away in 1991, and in 1999 Mr. Sterling J. Henry retired and his son Ruston Henry, RPh. took over the business and is the current owner and Chief Pharmacist.
In August 2005, H&W temporarily closed as a result of Hurricane Katrina. H&W re-opened November 1, 2011, in The USA Market in New Orleans East. On August 27, 2018, H&W relocated to 7240 Crowder Blvd in New Orleans East. This location is H&W’s first standalone pharmacy since re-opening Post-Katrina.
On March 26, 2013, H&W moved inside of the Sterling Farms Supermarket on the Westbank. H&W’s Westbank store is currently located in the Budget Saver grocery store located at 1951 Barataria Blvd in Marrero, LA.
H&W Drug Store continues the long tradition of fast, friendly, and courteous service.
Who We Are
Over 40 years of service in the New Orleans Community
Locally owned & operated by New Orleans Native, Ruston Henry
We stock a variety of cost saving Generic & Brand Name medications
We accept a variety of insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Blue Cross
We accept e-scripts
Our Pharmacy Staff at Eastbank
Our Pharmacy Staff at Westbank